House Parent (Couple) – Full Time
Since 1954 Bethel Bible Village has provided safe, nurturing, and Christ-centered homes for children of families facing adversity. Today Bethel continues to provide an environment of safety, love, and encouragement as we serve children who have experienced a crisis. We minister to people of any faith and do not limit our programs to those who are Christian.
We are currently seeking a Christian married couple to serve as full-time missionaries in a cottage of up to eight school-aged young people. This is a live-in position that we are seeking to fill. Bethel provides an on-campus apartment, food, and other benefits as a part of the overall compensation package!
This position provides authority and leadership of the living unit. House Parents provide supervision of the children and home, contributing to a relaxed atmosphere in the home, and supporting the educational development of the youth. The position is also responsible for providing spiritual leadership, a positive social and moral example, encouraging the physical and social development of the youth, and contributing to the youths’ all-around progress toward their individual goals.
- Spiritual: Living a vibrant Christian faith and active in a local Bible-believing church.
- Education: High school diplomas or equivalent; college degrees preferred
- Specific Skills: Minimum one year of youth-related experience – educating, coaching, or working with school-age children. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required; computer skills are preferred.
- License: Valid driver’s licenses
- Other Requirements: Couple must be married for at least 2 years with no more than two dependent children. Because of the live-in nature of the position, no more than two dogs are permitted and they must live outside. Minimum age requirement for this position is 21 years of age. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S., and successfully pass background checks, drug screens, and physicals.
Our benefits package includes salary, room and board, medical, dental, life insurance, pension plan, vacation, sick, and personal days.
To see the FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, click here. We also ask that you read over our Doctrinal Statement & Employee Covenant before applying.
Click below to apply and please upload your cover letter and resume with the application.
Working at Bethel Bible Village is more than a job. Our careers offer an opportunity for you to make a difference in the world. You’ll join a team of special people who are united in helping serve children and families facing adversity.